Electrical services

Householders info.

Inspection & Testing.

Enquiry Form.

Contact Details
Office: 0118 9750523
Mobile: 07777681980
Householder Information

In January 2005, Part P of the Building Regulations came into force. These regulations introduced safety standards to electrical installations within domestic properties.
This means that, with few exceptions, any electrical work undertaken in your home such as the addition of a new electrical circuit or any work in your kitchen, bathroom or garden area must be notified to the Local Authority Building Control for inspection. Please see list below for a more in depth list of work which requires notification.
For further information about building work and repairs to your home and what you need to be aware of, Communities and Local Government have produced a leaflet that can be downloaded here.

By using R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES who are registered with a Competent Persons Scheme ELECSA,
R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES will be able to self-certify that the work meets the required standards and that it has been notified to the local authority.
ELECSA approved contractors such as R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES have been independently assessed to ensure that they operate to the highest safety standards. If the work you’ve had done is affected by Part P, R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES will notify ELECSA of the job done and you will receive a building compliance certificate from ELECSA so that you know that the work has been registered with your Local Authority Building Control.

You will almost certainly have to produce this certificate at a later date, so when it arrives, please keep it in a safe and secure place.
By using an ELECSA contractor such as R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES, we can offer you additional security by providing you the opportunity to purchase a warranty for the work that has just been completed
If you would like to purchase a warranty for your electrical installation please speak to R HARPER ELECTRICAL SERVICES.